Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Distress Watercolor Buffalo Check Card - SSS New Release

Hello!!! I'm super excited to be able to share my first card with the BRAND NEW Simon Says Stamp Reason to Smile release! It's a BIG and BEAUTIFUL release - and I already loving all the fun new goodies I've had a chance to play with! Make sure and come back for the blog hop on Friday - there will be tons of inspiration, not to mention GIVEAWAYS!

Now...this card? I am so excited about how it came out! It was one of those ideas that popped into my head as I was falling asleep one night - and I couldn't wait to put it together the next day. Bonus was that it came out just like I was picturing in my head! :) The image in my head was a watercolor/buffalo check pattern - paired with black, white, and gold!


I used the amazing new Gingham Background stamp, inked it up in black Versafine ink, then used a clean rag to sort of partly clean off around the edges so it wouldn't stamp so dark on all of it. I stamped, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder, then added a messy wash of red watercolors in the center. So fun how the ink pooled into the nooks and crannies! The sentiment came from the brand new Friendship Blooms stamp set, heat embossed in white on black cardstock cut with Rectangle stitched dies. Tucked a scrap of doily and some gold thread under, then added a random sprinkling of 4mm and 6mm Pretty Pink Posh gold sequins.


Make sure to check out the entire release HERE - and I have direct links to what I used on this card below. Thanks for stopping by - happy shopping!!!



5 comments: