Thursday, December 24, 2015

Plaid and Gold - Merry and Bright

Good morning! I was recently doing some browsing on Pinterest, and came across some pictures that caught my eye combining plaid and gold. Yesterday, this idea popped into my head, and I had to RUN and go make it before I forgot! I'm not the only one who ever does that, right? Anyway - here is the result - and I LOVE it!


Part of this idea was inspired by the new CASology Challenge - Merry:


Also linking up with this weeks Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Make it Sparkle:


I started off by using my Lil' Inker's Merry and Bright Holiday Greeting Die to cut a window right into my card front. (I messed up and cut it upside down the first time - so this is the second try! Haha!) I then die cut the same thing from gold cardstock, then trimmed it out with my paper trimmer leaving a thin border around it. 


I went through my Christmas paper pads and found a plaid paper that was perfect and attached it behind the window. Finally, adhered the gold portion very carefully. So simple - but I love how it pops!


Here are links to the supplies I used on this card - and a great big MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone! Hope your day is filled with special memories and time spent with family and loved ones!



6 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love the plaid background - the combination of gold and read looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Christmas card, brilliant use of the plaid and elegant gold wording.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! I can see why you ran to do this before you forgot the idea (and YES, I do that, too!)! This is so beautiful! I love the gold layered on plaid...so perfect! Thanks for joining in the MERRY fun at CASology...and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gold cardstock is fabulous and the plaid really is perfect. :) I love it when a card idea transfers so perfectly from brain to paper! Thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete