Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Congratulations Owl

Good morning! Just stopping by to share a card with you that I made this past weekend for a family baby shower using Unity Stamps and a sentiment from Altenew:


I started off by stamping the owl from Unity Stamp's Going to be OWL-Right on watercolor paper. I watercolored the owl, and added a circle of watercolor around him. Once that all dried, I masked off the owl, and used Simon Says Stamp Falling Stars Stencil and embossing paste to add the star background. I added my sentiment from Altenew's Baby Zoo stamp set - using SSS ink. I also added a dot of black Ranger Enamel Accents to the eyes - just to make them pop a bit extra, then attached the sentiment using Tim Holtz's Tiny Attacher, and machine stitched the panel to my card front.


I also got a little extra creative - I didn't have a great gift bag on hand, so I used an exacto knife to slit a hole in the front of a simple kraft gift bag and slipped my card into it. No need for an envelope - and it decorated the bag as well!


Here is a closer look:


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

18 comments:

  1. That owl is just so stinking cute.
    Thanks for the inspiration for an adorable baby gift bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! And nice idea for decorating the bag.
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute background with an adorable owl!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet I really do need to get this stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is super adorable! Great idea on attaching it to a gift bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the background and the adorable owl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this and sooo clever to put it on your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cutteeeee owl and love the stary background! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTENESS GALORE :)
    What an ADORABLE owl and BEAUTIFUL background!!!
    COOL & CLEVER idea using your card with the gift bag too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card! And I love the brilliant way you slit the bag to hang the card. TFS and inspiring! Hugs Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this! Howie the Owie is my favorite stamp right now. You do such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea for a card attached to a bag!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet baby card. Love the soft watercolouring and the stitching. Great way to dress up your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how the watercolor gives an added feel of sweetness to this baby card, So cute!

    ReplyDelete