Friday, January 2, 2015

Celebrate Today

Good morning! I was super excited yesterday to finally have a bit of time to craft! We have been crazy busy unpacking and settling in, not to mention all the busyness of the holidays - so yesterday I decided I just needed to take some time off to craft! A great way to start the year! I was also super inspired by all the fun challenges posted over at Winnie and Walter for their birthday bash - so fun! Here is my first card for the first challenge:


Here is the first challenge I chose to do - the Collage Inspiration by Laura:


Isn't it just lovely?!?!? I had purchased the Happy Christmas set when we were between houses, and not had a chance to ink it up yet - so of course I pulled that out to start with. Sentiment is from The Big, the Bold, and the Extras. I kept looking for something to use, and with my craft room in such chaos - and totally not organized yet, it was kind of frustrating to not be able to find what I was looking for. I think that made me stretch and look for different ways to do stuff though, since I had to redirect my plans a lot! Haha! Anyway - I'm really happy with the final product, even though some of it wasn't what I set out to do at the beginning.


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you had a wonderful New Years Day - and have a great day today!

3 comments:

  1. Oh What a beautiful so beautiful card!! I just love the colors and your fabulous embellishing ideas.
    Loved your little story too. You are so right when you can't find what you know you have you do use different things and it's amazing how it all works out....comes under the heading of being clever and creative and girl you are all that and a bag of chips (LOL) You most certainly created one outstanding card!!
    Have fun setting up your new craft area and I'll bet you find things you forgot you even had....it'll be like shopping for free *LOL* been there done that .....it's going to be so much fun!! Happy New Year!!
    YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tremendous job done!!! Love the way you use the colors, adding a clip with jute bow, And addition of stitched stars & sequins is a perfect finish off!!
    Wishing You A Very Happy & Prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the sequins and hearts on the string

    ReplyDelete