Sunday, October 12, 2014

Avocado Arts October new stamp set

Good morning! I'm up on the Avocado Arts blog this morning to share a few cards with you using the new stamp set for October - a darling mix of winter and thankfulness!!!


The first image that caught my eye was that cup - my hubby is a big coffee lover, so I knew I had to start with that one! I thought it would be fun to use watercolors with it.


I cut a scallop square of watercolor paper using a Wplus9 die, heat embossed my sentiment, then washed over it with watercolor paint. Added a twist of jute twine, then mounted with foam adhesive on a kraft card base that I used a background die from Lil' Inker's on.


Next, I love the cute snowman - he looks like he was made of popsicle sticks, doesn't he?


I heat embossed him on white on a red tag I die cut with a Mama Elephant die, then added my sentiment from Wishes and Kind Thoughts:


I used some pattern paper from Crate Paper for my background, and added some machine stitching around the edges - it's a little hard to see, but it adds so much to the card! To soften the pattern paper a little, I took a piece of vellum and tore the edges, then used a stencil from Simon Says Stamp to apply embossing paste. Love how it kind of looks like snow!


And finally - that turkey just couldn't be any cuter!!!


For this one, I stamped him on a PL journaling card, added some spray mist from Mister Huey's and Heidi Swapp, and a wrap of yellow jute twine. Used some woodgrain MME paper for the background, then to add a little texture I used another stencil and some embossing paste tinted with Gelatos. Once it dried a bit, I also added a bit of the same gold spray mist.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love these! I'm on the MarkerPop design team, and we just found out yesterday that their store is going to start carrying Avacado Arts. I was so excited! We were told we had to order at least one set from this company (MarkerPop's treat, of course - yay!), and this is the set I ordered! Can't wait, and I love your work :)

    ReplyDelete