Friday, November 15, 2013

Unity FWF - Tree Silhouette

Good morning! Just popping in with a quick card for Unity Friends with Flair today! I made this with the September 2013 KOTM for a publication call a bit ago, and it wasn't picked up, so I thought I would share it here!


Made a mask with an oval die, inked my white cardstock with two colors of distress ink, blending in the middle then stamped my tree before removing the mask. Added the sentiment, and as easy as that - all done! (Except for the first couple of tries that my inky fingers made smudges...whoever things clean and simple cards are easy is crazy! Takes a lot of work to keep all that white space clean - at least on my desk!)

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you are having a wonderful Friday!

18 comments:

  1. Nice serene card, Heather! I love the cool background and the oval masking - the effect is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Heather. Love this design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card turned out so neat. I love the oval background and the sentiment on the outside of the focal. Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Glad to know I am not the only one with inky finger problems! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely one layer design, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto Ruby! Have to try this! And I totally agree that CAS cards aren't all that simple to achieve! :) you did an amazing job of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very "HAPPY'' sentiment with the image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing card. I adore those colors and that sentiment is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loveeee this card! Love the layering of stamps, the colors and the masking effect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very,, very pretty, Heather. I am SOOOO pleased to know I am not the only one to smudge cards. White card bases and I don't always get along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful colors, beautiful stamping... smudges happen, I call them "art" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous card... love that sentiment stamp!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete