Tuesday, October 29, 2013

So sorry for your loss...

Sometimes sympathy cards are the hardest to make - and it always seems impossible to make them when you actually need to. So sometimes I find it better to make them when I don't need them, and then have them on hand when the need arises:


I'm also playing along with the current Inspired By Challenge - I actually planned on using this inspiration to make a fall card...but this kind of happened instead!


I used Avery Elle Sea Glass cardstock for my card base, and created the texture with a Mister Huey's mask and some embossing paste. I also smeared some gold paint around the edges and let it all dry. 


Next, I used a couple of Simon Says Stamp dies to cut the banner from white cardstock, and the feathers from American Crafts pattern paper. Stamped an Avocado Arts sentiment on the banner with MFT ink, smeared some Glossy Accents and some gold tinsel glitter on the side of the feathers, added a bit of jute twine to tie a bow, and attached all that with foam adhesive. Finished off with a couple of sequins.


Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a stunning card! Love the addition of glitter! Thank you for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've captured the 'essence' of a sympathy card beautifully here, Heather!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty, the tinsel glitter is such a pretty touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After viewing your beautiful card I'm in love with Avery Elle Sea Glass cardstock.

    ReplyDelete