Thursday, September 26, 2013

Birthday Cake Banner Decoration

Good morning! Today I'm sharing a special project over at My Craft Spot! Today is my youngest daughter's 9th birthday, so I have birthday's on my mind today for sure! This isn't her cake though, but a cake I made and decorated this past week for a good friend:


I created my banner by using Tiny Banners and Toppers Metal Dies, and cutting the larger size banners on a folded piece of white cardstock, which allowed me to hang them over my twine. I then cut the smaller size banners in different colors, as well as the cute toppers, and adhered them all together. I used Small Alphabet Metal Dies to create my "happy birthday" sentiment. 


Finally, I folded them over some Black Twinery Twine and glued them together, and attached them to some skewers pushed into the cake to hold them up. (I also added a dot of glue to the twine where it tied on the skewer so my banners didn't land in my frosting!)


All in all, it took a while, but was a relaxing and enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon - so I didn't mind! And here is a picture of my little birthday girl - I took this just a couple of days ago:


Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful banner to decorate your friend's birthday cake! Beautiful - your cake and your daughter! Please pass a "Happy 9th Birthday" to here from a friend in Canada!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, your daughter is just adorable!I hope she has a wonderful 9th birthday! Your cake is awesome and so yummy looking-I love the fun banner hanging over it!
    Have a great day celebrating!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather ~ Well Happy 9th Birthday to your BEAUTIFUL little daughter! I hope she has a PERFECT and SPECIAL birthday! Looks like it is of to a great start too with that YUMMY and fabulous cake! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very PRETTY banner and Yummy cake!
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I bet your friend was thrilled with the cake, that tiny banner is just the cutest ever. Your little girl is just too cute also!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER banner Heather, perfect topper for the cake!

    ReplyDelete