Thursday, July 25, 2013

Special Birthday Card

I recently had the fun privilege of making a custom birthday card for the out-of-town sister of a local friend. We sent several emails back and forth getting the details worked out - and this is what I ended up creating for her: 


I don't have a printer that does a fabulous job on photos, and no place local (that I know of) where I could get prints made. I was heading out of town and didn't have time to order and wait for it to come in the mail, so I had to get a little creative. So...I printed the photo on vellum! Worked perfect - gave it a soft and dreamy look that was hard to capture in these photos, but it really came out beautifully! 


The pattern paper is from Basic Grey. I cut a window in it, then mounted my vellum on the backside. Finally, mounted it on a soft cream cardbase. Stamped the sentiment from Avery Elle with Stazon ink, and added the name with Thickers. Finished off with a bit of jute twine wrapped around the top and tied in a bow, with a tiny dab of glue in a couple of spots to let it drape down pretty and land where I wanted it, and a tiny self adhesive bling in the center of the bow.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Heather ~ OMG this might be my FAVORITE card ever! I would have never thought of printing on vellum ~ CLEVER!! It totally gave a soft & subtle look! Then the little details ~ WOW! I bet they just LOVED this card! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    Amanda
    www.lovejoypaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet, I am sure they were thrilled with this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so tender and special, Heather! I never thought about printing photos on vellum, so thank you for that wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete