Friday, March 15, 2013

SPS Inspiration - Speech Bubble Card

Good morning! It's my turn to share some inspiration over at Shop Pumpkin Spice this morning - and I had so much fun making my card to share with you today!
I have been enjoying seen the Speech Bubble trend, and decided to pull out my Silhouette Cameo and Designer Edition Software and create a card using a Speech Bubble. I used files from the online store for the speech bubble, and also the words inside.
My pattern papers are from Glitz Designs and Echo Park Paper company. The stone colored background paper is from Glitz Designs 6x6 Yours Truly paper pad, and the black and white chevron on the bottom is from Glitz Designs 6x6 Cashmere Dame paper pad. The off white I used for the speech bubble is a 12x12 Echo Park page from "Play Ground" (Cloud/Grass Stain), the red for the heart is a 12x12 Echo Park page from "Season's Greetings" (Red/Cream), and the blue in the background and for the word love is also a 12x12 Echo Park page from "Holly Jolly Christmas" (Winter Green/Icicle Blue)
I attached the top half of the sentiment with foam adhesive for a bit of dimension, then attached the bottom half directly to my speech bubble. 
I then attached that to my layered card base, also with foam adhesive. Finished off with a tiny wood veneer figure in the bottom right that I colored with a Copic marker to coordinate with my card, and added just a tiny bit of red bling.  
I am also linking this up to the Speech Bubble Challenge in the Moxie Fab World!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Heather ~ So sorry I have been MIA on your blog! Okay this card is so FABULOUS! Oh my! I just got a Cameo this week! I have yet to hook it up but I can say this ~ I will be looking for this speech bubble! GREAT colors and design! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific Heather, I love the word bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so CUTE, Heather! LOVE the convo bubble!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to the Speech Bubble Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete