Monday, March 18, 2013

MCS Embossing Challenge - Chalkboard Easter Card

Good morning! I'm a little late getting this posted (oops!) but wanted to share my card for this weeks new challenge over at My Craft Spot - Embossing:
I decided to go for a chalkboard look card using a sentiment from Happy Easter and the flourishes from Tiny Tags 2: 

 


I used Chalkboard paper, heat embossed my sentiment and flourishes with white embossing powder, then re-stamped them slightly offset with white pigment ink.
I added some smudges of white pigment ink with my finger and some paper towel for the "chalk dust", the added some lines around the edges with one of my daughter's white colored pencils.
Used some MME pattern paper for the background, with a doily tucked behind, and rounded one corner of my card. 
Finished off with some Spring Moss Crinkle Ribbon, and Black Jute Twine from My Craft Spot, tied with a coordinating October Afternoon button.
Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you will come over and join the challenge with us at My Craft Spot - any kind of embossing, dry, heat, or Glossy Accents!

3 comments:

  1. A BEAUTIFUL card!and such a lovely stamped sentiment!
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out beautiful. I always love these faux chalk backgrounds.

    DIANA L
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather ~ this is GORGEOUS! WOW! I have to try this sometime! I LOVE how you smudged spots and then double stamped after you heat embossed ~ which is PERECT! Beautifully done as always!

    ReplyDelete