Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy 13th Anniversary to ME!!! (And other big news...)

Good morning! Well...today is an exciting day! First, and most important to me is that I am celebrating 13 years of marriage today!!! It is so unbelievable to me how fast the years fly - and even though life has had its ups and downs - I truly and blessed to say that I love my husband more today than I did when we were first married! In fact, more than I imagined was even possible! The Lord has surely blessed me!

And...in other big news (that I am still a bit shocked by!) - this girl here is the Moxie Fabber of the week over at Moxie Fab World!!! I was completely floored a few weeks ago when I got the invitation from Cath...and it still feels a bit unreal! Can't believe the honored company I am joining the ranks of - I am always so inspired by this post each week and amazed by the talent I see! Thanks Cath so much!

So...with all that big news out of the way - here is the anniversary card I made for my hubby:
The globe is a print and cut file from the Silhouette online store - cut with my Silhouette cameo, of course! The heart was also cut from a separate file from the Silhouette store.
I used a Paper Smooches die to cut out the word love, and some Glitz Designs tiny letters for the words "I" and "You." The background green paper is some PTI cardstock that I ran through my Cuttlebug, and the red paper for the heart and background are from Echo Park.
I used foam adhesive to attach the heart to the globe, then more foam adhesive to attach the globe to the cardbase. The die cut "love" was glued directly to the heart.
 I finished off by wrapping some jute twine around and tying in a loose bow, then attached the entire panel to my cardbase with foam adhesive.
We are enjoying a week visiting family 1,000 miles away from our new home - so we are going to celebrate by leaving the girls with my parents and going out to breakfast and do some shopping! Looking forward to some special time with my hubby!

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my little corner of the blog world! Hope your week is off to a fabulous start too!

13 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary and Congratulations on MOXIE Faber of the week!
    Got to go check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post interview on MFW! Enjoyed reading your posts about the house building projects! God bless you two on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary and HUGE congrats on the honor :)
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...Happy Anniversary...and congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary, and oh my I thought you were going to add that you were pregnant!!! ;) Congrats on your spotlight over on MFW!! Super cute card by the way!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary Heather! Congrats on being chosen for Moxie Fab! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being in the spotlight at MFW - well deserved. I have admired your cards for a while and I loved reading on you. Congrats also on making a difference doing the thing tat you love - you have inspired me to do something worthwhile with my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!! Congrats on your spotlight over at Moxie Fab!!

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card, Heather! I'm sure you hubby loved this card.

    Congratulations on your spotlight over on the Moxie Fab site! I'm so happy to have found your blog (via your participation in the 10 Minute Craft Dash) and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I saw Moxie Fab before I saw your post today and I thought, "Hey! I know her!" What an honor- and well-deserved! Very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather ~ First Happy Anniversary!!! So wonderful to hear people who still truly LOVE and LIKE each other! Next CONGRATS! No surprise to me at all ~ your work is always AMAZING and wonderful! Like this card ~ so COOL and fun! Just love the globe and how the LOVE drapes across! Again congrats on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on 13 years!!!!! And so began the tradition of punch serving at one wedding leading to the next ;)

    FABULOUS card!!! I think I'm going to have to pin this one to use later!

    Amanda
    www.lovejoypaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated Anniversary! My husband and I will be married 13 years this year as well. And congratulations on being MFW, well deserved!
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete