Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dreaming of the Sea...

 Hello again today! LOVE those days when homeschooling goes just right and I can sneak a card or two in! I had been eyeing this weeks Runway Inspired Challenge, and as I looked at some of the papers on my desk - the perfect ones jumped out at me!
Here is the inspiration photo:


I pulled out the stripes and the yellow with my pattern paper - the yellow is from Glitz Designs Uncharted Waters 6x6 paper pad, and the black and white stripe is from Crate Paper's DIY 6x6 paper pad.
As I looked at that nautical paper, I instantly thought of the Market Street Stamps set, Dreaming of the Sea. I used my Paper Smooches Notebook Basic die, then stamped the mermaid image in simple black ink. Added the sentiment with PTI ink - in bright pink, to pull the bit of pink out of the inspiration photo. 
Inked the edges with distress ink in Antique Linen, then tied some jute twine and a coordinating button from my stash on, before attaching it to the pattern paper with foam adhesive. 
Rounded a couple corners of the pattern paper, as well as the card base - and inked the cardbase with the same distress ink, then attached the front panel with more foam adhesive to the cardbase.
Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Heather! I love the colors paired with this image and the paper you chose is absolutely perfect. I need to find some of that collection! :) Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful, loving this card and the colors are some of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, Heather! I love the mermaid, I love the twine, I love that pink button! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right..those ARE the perfect papers! I love your style- cute but classy. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect papers indeed, this looks like it came right out of PC magazine. the rustic twine is a great finishing touch for this nautical card. Fab fab fab! You hit the runway in style :)

    ReplyDelete