Wednesday, March 6, 2013

13th Birthday Card for my Nephew

Hi there! I just realized yesterday that I needed to get busy and get a birthday card mailed off to my oldest nephew - he is turning 13!!! So hard to believe how big he is getting...he was born just about 2 weeks before my husband and I got married! Yikes...anyway - I'm pretty excited to have made a masculine card - those are always the hardest for me! I also decided to take on the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, as well as the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World:
So to do this, I used some of my brand new Crate Paper Party Day 6x6 papers, washi paper, and Ephemera Pack. The two pieces on the front are from the pack - I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the "13" in the center of one of them for my negative space.
I trimmed down the coordinating washi tape sheet, and used a couple pieces on the bottom, and layered those on the green stripe paper with foam adhesive. Also added a tiny Tim Holtz paper clip to the top edge of the die cut one.
Added some self adhesive pearls randomly placed, and attached the green stripe sheet to the main panel. 
Finished off with a bit more of the washi tape sheet pieces, and then inked the edges of the outer layer with a bit of distress ink to finish the edges. 
Thanks for stopping by again! And in case you didn't see, I just listed a BUNCH of Unity stamps for sale - you can see them all HERE if you're interested! Prices are great, and they want to find a new home soon! 

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Love your designs!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful Bday Card!Love the pattern paper,SWEET!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card!! You hit the masculinity part out of the park :) great job, love this !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love all the different patterns.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in for all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Heather! Thanks also for linking this up to the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete