Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A CAS "Long and Short" Valentine card

Hello! I have still been LOVING my Crate Paper 6x6 Fourteen paper pad from Shop Pumpkin Spice! The colors are just so yummy! Anyway - I decided to make a card for this weeks CAS-ual Friday's Challenge:
The challenge this week was to make a Clean and Simple Card having one long side, and one short side.


I couldn't resist using pattern paper - but hopefully my design still counts as clean and simple? I didn't use too many embellishments!
I started off by scoring and folding a 6x6 piece of pattern paper in half to make my cardbase - which means my card is 3x6. 
I cut a white rectangle, embossed it with my Cuttlebug, and inked the edges with distress ink. Next, I punched a couple of hearts with a Fiskars paper punch, trimmed some white cardstock on which I stamped a sentiment from Unity Stamp Company in PTI ink. I also used distress ink on the edges of that.
Layered it all together with a bit of foam ahesive, and added a couple wraps of jute twine, tied in a bow with an October Afternoon Button to finish it off.
Thanks for visiting today! Have a wonderful day!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love this card !!! I love the size of it , I need to shy away from just doing A2 size cards, cause I love this !! The colors are perfect along with the embossing and embellishments !! TFS !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty...love the paper and the clean design!!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very BEAUTIFUL!!Love it!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is grand, perfectly composed and simply wonderful! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete