Friday, December 14, 2012

Birthday Fishes - Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge

(((If you're looking for my Day 5 Growing in Unity Post - click HERE or just scroll down)))


I am SOOOO excited to share this card with you!!! Ever have one of those light-bulb moments, when you look at a sketch, and suddenly see the perfect finished card? Yeah...this was one of those! I was looking at this weeks Paper Smooches SPARKS sketch - and suddenly this popped into my head:
Here is the sketch photo:


I pretty much right away saw waves, and remembered these cute fishies! I pulled out some Echo Park paper to begin with, and trimmed it into the banner shape.
Next, I stamped and cut out the cute little fishes on some orange paper, and couldn't resist - I added some wiggly eyes! 
I attached them with foam adhesive to the "waves," added the bubbles, then attached that entire piece with foam adhesive to the card base. 
Finished off by stamping the sentiment with two different colors of PTI ink to coordinate, then added a twist of Baker's Twine and a button from my stash.
Thanks for stopping by to see me today! Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

8 comments:

  1. So cute...love those fish! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Duper Cute!LOVE the googly eyes on the little fishy...lol.Funny Sentiment and so perfect!
    My christmas ornament made top 3 at PKS!!:-)
    Have a wonderful Friday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card the fish are so cute and I love the layout. The sentiment is fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Heather! The triangles look awesome as water!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous take on the sketch! Love the different patterned triangles as water and the wiggly eyes on the fish. Thanks for joining us for the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every thing about your take on this sketch is awesome. Love the papers, the twine and the googly eyes...all around awesome! Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute Heather, I like the big wiggle eye on the fish and the aqua papers look great with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHHH! What a fun card--I LOVE that this was exactly how you envisioned it!! LOVE those papers and the extra eyes on the fish! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!! Hope you will join in the fun this week:)

    ReplyDelete