Thursday, July 12, 2012

Peachy Keen Challenge - Gift Bags!


If you're looking for my Day 5 My Craft Spot Release Party post, click HERE or just scroll down.

Hello! This week the challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps is to decorate a gift bag! Since that is something I have never tackled before - it was a great challenge for me! Here is what I came up with:
I grabbed some plain kraft paper gift bags from Michaels that came in a pack, so I will probably be trying to do these more - because this one was so much fun!!! Here are the sets I used on this bag:



All my papers are from October Afternoon's new Cakewalk line - LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I wanted so badly to hoard them, but I am trying to break that habit, so since these came the day I brought home the gift bag - I forced myself to use them. I'm so glad I did! LOVE them...and if I use them up too quickly, I can always get more (hee hee hee!)
I paper-pieced the cute girl from the July kit, and stamped the banner several times on different pattern paper, then fussy cut them out. 
Used some of the miscellaneous stickers and flower sack die cuts from the line to decorate the banner up a bit, and added some Twinery Baker's Twine along the top of it. 
Used one of the banners to stamp the sentiment from the little add on kit, then glued it to a toothpick to make a little flag! My Copic coloring on the hair got a little wonky...but I'm still learning! 
Tucked a doily in the bottom corner, and added a couple of October afternoon buttons, and tied them with some jute twine from Ribbon Carousel. 
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Make sure and head on over to the Peachy Keen blog to join in on the challenge, and see who last weeks Top Peach was!!!

There is also a sale going on at Peachy Keen! Click HERE to head over to the store and check out all the details! 

I am also linking this up with this weeks Ribbon Carousel Challenge - Buttons and Bows Oh My!



13 comments:

  1. This is so darling. I love the pennants and all of your details. Super cute image too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, this is just TOO CUTE! I love the papers you used and all the extra embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...almost too good to use!!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather ~ OMG! This bag is just DARLING!!! I of course LOVE the stamps and how you used them but that paper ~ OH my! You really have convinced me I need doilies! Everytime I see them on your projects I just drool! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it.I am so glad I belong to the pk club. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, SOOOOOO cute! I love the banner tied with twine. Your little girl turned out adorable! I just got the Cakewalk papers and I am super excited to use them. :)

    Hugs,
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you turned an ordinary paper bag into something so special! Really unique and quite a work of art!

    Janette S.

    P.S. How is it coming with the houses "made of cards"? I would love to hear and so admire what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Heather! This gift bag is absolutely adorable!! :o) I love every detail on it! And I'm loving the Cakewalk line, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet gift bag. Love that cute Peachy Girl stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the PK face & banners for the wonderful gift bag.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shoot forget the gift I just want the paper bag. Way to cute.

    Hugs
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Bag!! I LOVE your paper choices they are always gorgeous!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. How Precious! love the banner! This is perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete