Sunday, June 10, 2012

It's a Cupcake Kind of Day - MFT Getting Sketchy #75


Good evening! We like to keep Sunday's as a day of rest as much as possible (although...today was just "mostly" a day of rest - we have so much going on getting ready to move that it is too crazy right now!) But there isn't very much that is as relaxing for me as sitting down to craft! So I sat down for about an hour earlier to day to get a card made for this weeks My Favorite Things Getting Sketchy Challenge #75:
And here is this weeks sketch:

It seems like I am constantly amazed by all of the variety in each weeks sketches! I thought the sketch this week was pretty fun! 
I used another one of my favorite Pure Innocence stamps, stamped her on a Spellbinders Die Cut, and colored her with Copics. I seriously have so much fun coloring in these images! I loved coloring as a kid, and consider this just grown up coloring!
All of the background paper is from October Afternoon's 8x8 9 to 5 paper pad. When I first saw this line, I didn't think I would like it that much, but I am amazed by the versatility of it! I love anything by October Afternoon, and I pleased to report that this is no exception! 
I matted everything a lot - and inked the edges of the white with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen. 
Finished off with some crinkle ribbon, and a button from the October Afternoon 9 to 5 collection as well. 
Thanks for stopping by to visit! Make sure and come back tomorrow - it's my week for Growing in Unity, which means I will have a Unity project everyday - and draw one comment winner for two Itty Bitty's of your choice! I will also have a project up for the new My Craft Spot challenge for the week!




2 comments:

  1. Great card. I agree...if it's "work" when you're crafting...you're not doing it right. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and placement of your sentiment.
    Congrats on your week of GROWING in UNITY!

    ReplyDelete