Monday, September 12, 2011

A wedding card, and some EXCITING news!!!

Good morning! I have some EXCITING news that I have been waiting to announce, but first, I wanted to share a card that I actually  made a couple of weeks ago. A good friend asked me to make her a wedding card for a friend, using the colors pink, black, and white, and some kind of a funky and fun cake. So...here is what I came up with:


I used a cake from Sweet Treats, skewed it a bit on my Gypsy so it tilted to the right, and put it on a cake stand from Straight from the Nest. The frame is from Elegant Edges, and the edge punch is a Martha Stewart border punch. Sentiment was a random one from my stash...not sure who it is by. I had a REALLY hard time making the picture show the right color, but it really is a pretty and bright pink! 


So...now for my exciting news!!! I actually have a bunch of exciting things coming up in October - can hardly wait!!! First, I have been keeping it under my hat, but am now free to share, that I was asked to be a guest designer for Scrappy Moms Stamps for the month of October!!!

I also have my guest design week for Peachy Keen Stamps during the week of October 17- 21! And I know I will have a giveway that week also!!!

And finally...October 20th is my 1 year Blogaversary!!! I have had so much fun over this past year and enjoying this journey and all the new friends I have met!!! So I have been collecting a BUNCH of my favorite things to giveaway to celebrate that! You'll have to wait until then to see everything, but I already have a Cricut cartridge, some Peachy Keen Stamps, some Unity Stamps, some paper pads...really a bunch of my favorite things that I use all time and want to share with you!!! So...now you know to be ready for that! I will probably do it the weekend or week after my Peachy Keen guest design week, just because it might get a little crazy otherwise!!!

Enjoy your day today - I might be a little absent in the next day or two, as my husband is having a little minor day surgery today, and will be home the rest of the week! Praying that everything goes well and he heals quickly though! Bye for now!!!

6 comments:

  1. The Wedding card is so cute! Congrats on all the other! Sounds like your one year anniversary is going to be a blast!
    Carolyn
    cccscraproom@windstream.net
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing news, congrats on such great design teams! Can't wait to see everything you come up with! And best of luck to your hubs during his surgery, hope he recovers quickly

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl...you are full of fabulous news today! So excited for you about being a guest designer on Scrappy Moms and Peachy Keen Stamps! Just confirms my thoughts that these 2 blogs are great...they are also very smart to snap you up! I look forward to seeing what you come up with for them both! Congrats also on your 1st blog anniversary...mine is also sometime in October. Guess I should look it up and check the date! Hope all went well with your hubby today...oh ...and ...your card is just gorgeous! Love that hot pink and "funky" cake! I think I covered everything..gonna go do the happy dance for you now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all well goes well with the hubby! You're on my two fav stamp design teams! Have fun and congrats!

    ReplyDelete