Saturday, July 2, 2011

Moxie Fab Beautiful Borders!

We just got back from a wonderful family trip to Calgary Alberta, and yesterday was my first day home to play with my scrappy stuff! Oddly, it took me most of the day to come up with something - I was getting worried that I had been gone too long! But when I saw this challenge - Beautiful Borders at Moxie Fab World - I had just the nudge I needed! The challenge was to use borders in a new and innovative way.

I started off with my background page, and did some machine stitching around the outside. I then used the reverse side of my patterned paper (perfect match that way!) and cut a yellow border with a Martha Stewart border punch. The plain strips are the scraps that come out when you punch a border! I added some machine stitching to attach those as well. For the banners, I used another Martha Stewart border punch and cut each section apart. Matted them on felt, and hand cut a felt background. Did some more machine stitching to attach, added some Baker's Twine and a button, and glued them on my card base. Finished off witha sentiment from Scrappy Mom's stamps, and three little stick on pearls.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love this card...the Song "You are my Sunshine" was my grandmother's favorite son. What a sweet card and a great memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all that twine! That card is so cheerful! Wonderful job. :)


    http://www.allyrosedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think you did an amazing job sweetie...gorgeous! :) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation, love all of the embellishments! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations, I am now a follower. :)

    I would love if you stopped by my new craft blog, Made Especially For You

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome. I love the little banner, borders you used and how your turned it into just a fantastic card! TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to the Beautiful Borders challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete