Saturday, February 26, 2011

Snips & snails & puppy dog tails

I am SOOOO in LOVE with how this card came out!!! It is for the mom-to-be of a baby shower that a friend and I are hosting tomorrow after church. She is having a little boy (in case you didn't guess from the card!) This idea popped into my head tonight - and just in time, since I didn't have much time left to make it! Still need to cut some stuff out to decorate the diaper cake with, but that will be next! Also going to enter this in the A - Z project at Getting Cricky with K Andrews.

So...all the cuts are from Nate's ABC's...one of my all time FAVORITE cartridges!!! (I can't wait to get Kate's ABC's!!!) I welded the letters on my Gypsy using the font on Nate's ABC's, and covered them with Glossy Accents. The snail and the dog have some dots on them, and then I pop-dotted them from the background. Added some corners cut from my Fiskars corner punch, with a bit of Glossy Accents on them as well, and finished by using zip dry glue to attach some Baker's Twine around the edges.

 

10 comments:

  1. This is too cute! I'm definately going to have to consider getting Nate's ABCs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely precious--I LOVE Nates ABCS-as you already know! LOL
    Thank you so much for playing Getting Cricky's challenge for Pack Your Bags cart!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this card.the colors are so cute.the dooling on the dog looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, and so many details! I love it! You should enter this at My Sheri Crafts this week! The theme is all about boys! This is perfect for it! http://myshericrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such and adorble card! I love all the colors. Great job!

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is AWESOME!! I love this cart and it is on my list to get since I have two grandsons which are five months apart.

    http://nanascreativeplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute Heather!! Nate's ABCs is a great cart ... you're going to love Kate's. When you get a chance, check out my blog ... I have an award for you.

    Jo xx
    idratherbemakingcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! I have the cartridge and as yet haven't used it but it will get lots of use as I have a grandson. I want to get Kate's ABCs for my soon to be born granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, soooooo cute! You are making me want this cart! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete