Saturday, January 29, 2011

Anyone excited for spring?

Anyone else gettting excited for spring to arrive? This image just makes me wish it was here already!

The image and sentiment, as well as the background shape, came from Unity Stamps. I colored them in with my Prismacolor pencils and cut them out by hand. Added some Baker's Twine, a torn piece of paper for the background, and a little doodling with my gel pen around the edges.

Short and sweet today! I will try to post a little later or tomorrow though...my two daughters ages 6 and 7 decided to go through my garbage can by my scrapbooking desk and scavenge all the things they could so they could make some cards too! They have been working so busily on it - and they said they want to sell their cards too - to help the widows have a house!!! They asked me if I thought people would buy them for 25 cents!!! Made me cry (yes...I'm an emotional mom!), but I LOVE their heart and desire to help others! The truth is, we don't coach or encourage them to think of others - I think it is the other way around! They are constantly reminding me to think of others. Anyway, I took some pictures of what they made and told them I would post them and share them on here - so be looking for that!

2 comments:

  1. love the bright colors...great job on this

    ~Tina~

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet your girls wanting to help.love the bright colors so cute.

    ReplyDelete