Sunday, January 30, 2011

3 Challenges - 1 Card!!!

I had 3 different challenges on my list that I wanted to get to, and due to busy schedule at the moment, I was able to combine them all into ONE!!! It was a challenge, and took a bit of a stretch to accomplish it - but I really like the results.

The first challenge was the Cricut Circle weekly challenge, which had to include at least 3 cuts from the Cricut, but they all had to be from the cartridges that came with your Cricut or Gypsy. So, the flower border and sentiment both came from Gypsy Wanderings, as well as the two rounded corner rectangles. The butterfly was built out of 2 hearts, an oval, some circles, and some little squiggles all welded and shaped on my Gypsy, and all from Plantin Schoolbook - a cartridge I don't use nearly as often as I should.

The next challenge was the Peachy Keen sketch challenge with a twist - the twist was to use a monochromatic color scheme. I have been struggling with that one since I saw it - cause that one is HARD for me!

The third and final challenge was a Love Bug challenge at Double Click Connections. And for that, obviously, the butterfly!

I also ran the bottom rectangle through the Cuttlebug, added some bling, a bit of black inking, some doodling and faux stitching, and pop dotted the butterfly, flower border, and sentiment. Almost forgot - also used a Peachy Keen face for the butterfly, and added a little bow with some Baker's Twine!!!





8 comments:

  1. I love the patterned paper, the accents and the white gel stitching! Thanks for joining the CreativeCutter.org! DT Member Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!! Love the great papers and the card design! Thank you for joining us at Creative Cutter Room! Good Luck in the challenge! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Wow, Wow-Love this Card!!!! Very clever and creative. Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative Cutter. I am a new follower I look forward to seeing more of your work. Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very good. You did a great job combining all the challenges! TFS, your new follower Cathryn67 <3
    inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterfly is so adorable with that tiny twine bow! The black background and the white stitching really makes the card pop! Great job with the PK challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete